Formal Complaints from the Public
Telefilm Canada is a federal cultural agency dedicated to the development and promotion of the Canadian audiovisual industry. The Corporation acts as one of the Canadian government’s principal instruments for providing strategic leverage to the private sector, supplying the film, television and new media industries with financial and strategic support. Telefilm’s role is to foster the production of films, television programs and cultural products that reflect Canadian society, with its linguistic duality and cultural diversity, and to encourage their dissemination at home and abroad.
In carrying out its mandate, Telefilm Canada constantly strives to provide excellent standards of service and build mutually beneficial relationships with its partners in the Canadian audiovisual industry. To this end, Telefilm Canada has adopted a Customer Service Charter – For Telefilm Canada’s Clients (the “Service Charter”). This document contains information on the service standards, the complaint process after a decision is rendered by Telefilm Canada, and the appeal process that Telefilm Canada offers to its clients. We therefore invite you to consult this document to familiarize yourself with these mechanisms. However, a client might still be dissatisfied with the service received from Telefilm Canada even after having used a mechanismprovided in the Service Charter. In such a case, Telefilm Canada also makes a formal complaint procedure available to its clients.
Important: The mechanism for considering formal complaints from the public described below is not a substitute for nor an additional recourse to the appeal procedure for a decision rendered by Telefilm Canada as set out in the Service Charter.
Mechanism for examining formal complaints from the public
- Submit your complaint to the Chair of the Audit and Finance Committee of Telefilm Canada by e-mail or regular mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Corey Anne Bloom, Chair of the Audit and Finance Committee
360 Saint-Jacque Street, Suite 600
Montréal (Quebec) H2Y 1P5
- Indicate your name, mailing address, telephone number and e-mail address so that we can contact you if necessary. Also, please do not forget to include any relevant documents or other information in support of your complaint.
- Telefilm Canada does not respond to anonymous complaints.
- The Chair of the Audit and Finance Committee will review your complaint and refer it to the appropriate department for a response or for appropriate action to be taken by Telefilm Canada as soon as possible – generally within twenty (20) business days. If additional time is required to gather all the information necessary to process your complaint, we will keep you informed of the progress in your file.
- All the information submitted to Telefilm Canada is subject to the Access to Information Act and the Privacy Act.