24th Los Angeles Film Festival
Call for entries
(Films of all length and web series – all genres)
The Los Angeles Film Festival is currently accepting applications for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission Format: A digital online submission via filmfreeway.com, otherwise, a DVD
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry Fees: Yes
- Feature films must have been completed after September 1st, 2017.
- World premiere status of feature-length narratives and documentaries is required;
- An L.A. Premiere status is a consideration for short films;
- Feature films must not have had any commercial theatrical, television, or internet play in the U.S.
- Features films must be over 51 minutes, mid-length films — between 26 and 45 minutes, and shorts should be under 26 minutes.
The Festival’s feature-films competitive sections are World Fiction, Documentary and Nightfall and one for the shorts.
The Los Angeles Film Festival is a qualifying festival in the Academy Awards® in the Narrative, Animated, and Documentary Short Film categories.
New as of 2016 is a special section for short-length web storytelling “Episodic content — less than 12 minutes”.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection in the Los Angeles Film Festival and provides assistance through the International Festival Participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal