26th Hamptons International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Narrative Features, Documentaries and Shorts)
The Hamptons International Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: Online via Withoutabox
- Competitive: Yes
- Submission fees: Yes
- Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2017;
- HIFF will not consider previously submitted films;
- Films may not have been released theatrically or shown on television in the US and preferably not available online prior to the festival;
- Preferably, films may not have screened on the East End of Long Island prior to HIFF dates;
- HIFF presents all films in their original language. Non-English language films must have English subtitles;
- If you are submitting a work-in-progress, the screener must be clearly marked as a work-in-progress or rough cut;
- HDCam and DCP are the preferred exhibition format for the festival.
The Hamptons International Film Festival was created to provide a forum for filmmakers around the world who express independent vision. The festival highlights narrative features, documentaries and shorts and offers diverse programming with breakthrough films by new directors, premieres by established filmmakers, panel discussions and special events.
The Festival hosts multiple competitions focused specifically on early-career filmmakers, in the hopes of bolstering their work at an important juncture and helping develop a discussion around their films, both within the film community and beyond (over $45K in cash awards)
The winners of the Documentary Short Competition and Narrative Short Competition at the Hamptons – one of some 60 festivals around the world recognized by the Academy Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills – are eligible to be considered by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences for the Academy Awards® Best Short Film category. See complete list.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection to this festival as part of its Success Index.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal