65th International Short Film Festival Oberhausen
Call for entries
(Short films, all genres)
The International Short Film Festival Oberhausen is currently accepting applications for its upcoming edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival.
Submission format: preview links only.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: No
- Films must have been completed after January 1st, 2018;
- Open to films and videos of 35 minutes maximum running time.
- All genres are accepted (narrative, documentary, animation, experimental, dance film, youth);
- Films can be considered for the Children’s and Youth Film Competition;
- Films must be German premieres.
Unique in the range of forms and genres it presents to the public, and particularly well known for its spotlight on experimental films, the Festival Oberhausen is one of the major international crossroads for the short film.
On average per year, 6 000 films are submitted and 500 films are selected. The Festival offers two competitive sections for international films: the Competition with awards totalling 25 500 € and the Children’s and Youth Film Competition with awards totalling 3 000 €.
The festival has a market component that provides screening facilities to over 1100 industry accredited professionals.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a short film at this Festival and may provide assistance through the International Festival Participation Program.