67th International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg
Call for entries
The International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg is currently accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: DVD or online screener
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: No
- Feature-length fiction films (may include documentary elements, use essayistic style or animation);
- Running time of +70 minutes;
- Only open to newcomers: directors who are unknown outside their home country;
- International Competition and International Discoveries sections are open to fiction films that have not been screened in Germany nor at some European film festivals (Cannes, Venice, Locarno, Berlin);
- Screening formats: DCP, Blu-Ray;
- Films completed no more than 18 months before the Festival. Under particular circumstances, this rule can be waived by the Festival Management;
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English or German. A dialogue list in English or German must accompany entries.
One of the most important festivals in Germany, the International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg presents about 50 narrative films, from directors who are newcomers – unknown outside their own country. The festival’s International Jury bestows a number of awards, including the main Award, the “Grand Newcomer Award Mannheim-Heidelberg”.
Running concurrently with the festival is the Mannheim Meeting Place, considered a leading international co-financing event. More than 300 producers, directors, sales agents and distributors from around the globe attend project-based and pre-arranged meetings, hoping to find business and co-producing partners. Refer to the festival’s website for detailed information and submission deadlines.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal