6th Los Cabos International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Feature-length fiction and documentary films)
The Los Cabos International Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2017 edition.
Please note that all submissions must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: DVD or private streaming link (Vimeo, Cinando, Festival Scope)
- Competitive: Yes
- Submission fees: No
Any fiction and documentary feature films will be eligible for submission to the Competencia Los Cabos if it meets the following prerequisites:
- Originated or co-produced with Mexico, Canada or the United States;
- Films must have been completed in 2017;
- American and Canadian movies must be a Mexican Premiere to be eligible;
- Films that have been exhibited on any commercial platform (cinema, television of any kind, video or free internet) or works filmed for promotional purposes will not be eligible;
- Films submitted for previous editions of Los Cabos Film Festival will not be eligible;
- Films in a language other than English or Spanish must be subtitled in one of these languages;
- Running time: Over 60 minutes;
- Screening formats: Digital Cinema Package (DCP) or Quicktime Apple Pro Res 422 HQ.
Since 2012, the Los Cabos International Film Festival (CIFF) hosts a forum for dialogue and collaboration between Mexican cinema and its North American cultural commercial partners. In 2014, the Festival had a significant attendance of 15 000 people, with an international and national program of 80 screenings. From November 8 to 12, 2017, CIFF will bring together producers, directors, sales agents, distributors and active members of the film industry and will assist those finding new and better opportunities for the development of their projects.
Competencia Los Cabos will award the Best Feature Film (Fiction or Documentary) with a $300,000 MX cash prize for the director.
Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund 2017, one of the Festival’s Industry platforms, aim to strengthen links, and promote collaboration among filmmakers from Mexico, the USA and Canada.
14 projects at the development stage (10 feature-length fiction or documentary projects and
4 television projects) will be selected. Representatives will benefit from a series of one-on-one meetings with outstanding figures from the international film industry. Airfare and 4 nights hotel accommodation from November 8-12, 2017 will be covered for the producer and director.
Only projects from or co-produced with Mexico, USA or Canada will be taken into consideration. The 3 winning projects will receive a cash prize of $150,000 MX each.
Please refer to the Rules & Regulations for detailed information on Gabriel Figueroa Film Fund 2017.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal