72nd Edinburgh International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Feature-length and short films)
The Edinburgh International Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival.
- Submission format: DVD (PAL and NTSC) or secure online screener (Withoutabox)
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- All submitted films must be completed after June 1, 2017;
- All films must be UK premieres. Special interest is given to World, International or European premieres;
- Films that have had previous public screenings or been broadcast in UK are not eligible;
- Any film that has previously screened online or is available to purchase online are not eligible. This includes DVD/Blu-ray/VHS formats;
- Short film must be 30 minutes or less.
The Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF) has been in existence since 1947 and alongside London, is the most important film festival in the UK.
EIFF seeks to represent the most innovative and adventurous developments in world cinema, to bring worthy filmmakers to local and worldwide attention. EIFF 2017 strands included World Perspectives (new film trends), Black Box, Shorts, Film Fest Junior, Documentaries, Animation and Night Moves (genre films). Industry programming for attending filmmakers and professionals is also an integral part of the Festival.
In 2018, Canada will be the ‘Country in Focus’ at the Edinburgh International Film Festival. The Festival will be paying special attention to selecting Canadian films, and the films selected will be given greater visibility.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection in the Edinburgh International Film Festival as part of its Success Index.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal
1 800 567 0890