Visions du Réel International Film Festival
Call for entries
(All film genres)
The festival Vision du Réel is now accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival.
- Submission format: 2 DVD or online screener with password
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
The International Competition is open to:
- Short films (30 min max), medium length films (between 31 and 61 min) and feature length films (61 min +);
- Films produced during the 12 months preceding the Festival;
- Films presented as world, international or European premiere – priority is given to world premiere;
- Formats: all films selected in the competitive sections of Visions du Réel (International Competition, Regard Neuf, Helvétiques, Premiers Pas, Grand Angle) must be presented in a digital format.
The Nyon Festival is dedicated to Cinema du Réel of which it seeks to promote the widest possible spectrum: experimental films, essays, personal diaries, family films, films on current affairs and social issues, historical investigations, and films with classic or fragmented narrative approaches.
With works from accomplished filmmakers and the first works of self-made filmmakers or film students, the festival awards various cash prizes including Best Film, Best First Feature and Most Innovative Film.
The Doc Outlook International Market complements the festival and fosters contacts for the funding and promotion of films, as well as for networking and for acquiring film rights. In 2016, more than 1000 participants (producers, buyers, decision-makers, etc.) attended the market.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal