At Telefilm, the role of an investment analyst is to:
- Evaluate funding applications and assist in administering financial commitments.
- Prepare recommendations concerning financial viability (relationship between financial requirements and creative content), financial structure, production budget and risk.
- Conduct comprehensive file reviews focusing on due diligence of financial parties, compliance with Telefilm Canada policies and validity of submitted documents, contracts and agreements.
- Take part in financial negotiations and make final contract recommendations. Ensure follow-up on financial commitments, prepare contracts and monitor projects.
- Help identify best practices in research and analysis used in relevant sectors and disseminate market intelligence.
- Contribute to the development and review of Telefilm Canada policies and standard business practices.
- As a member of a multidisciplinary team working in a creative, complex and constantly changing environment, support co-workers and contribute knowledge of a particular area of expertise.
Some competencies and requirements
- University degree in a related field. Degree and/or professional certification in finance, accounting and/or law considered an asset.
- Minimum three years of experience in financial management and/or accounting.
- Experience and knowledge of practices and regulations in film and/or television production and/or distribution considered assets.
- Advanced analysis and negotiation skills.
- Solid knowledge of Excel, Word and some exposure to database software.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, strong business affairs, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; knowledge of French at BBB level an asset.
- For more information, see the Linguistic Designation of Positions section.