Telefilm Canada announces changes to the International Promotion Program
September 24, 2021
Telefilm Canada would like to inform its clients of the important changes to the International Promotion Program.
- Travel expenses are once again eligible. Telefilm invites all applicants to read and follow the Government of Canada’s Official Global Travel Advisories before planning any travel activities.
- Production companies whose producers and directors are invited to submit their projects in development to co-production markets may be eligible for funding of $3,000 (and subsequently, $1,500).
- The list of festivals has been expanded.
- Festivals of importance to the Black and Indigenous communities are added in category 2 or 3.
- Three co-production events are added to Annex C.
- Ongoing analysis of the list of events covered is conducted to meet the industry’s diverse international promotion needs.
Guidelines, eligibility and assessment criteria and other important information are available on the Program page.