DeadlineSeptember 25, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, the incumbent will:
- Administer accounts payable and receivable;
- Ensure the verification and processing of invoices; the coding of payment requisitions and expense accounts;
- Carry out bank reconciliations;
- Perform monthly reconciliations between general ledgers and sub ledger accounts and input journal entries;
- Prepare different reports: end of month, quarterly, end of year and ad hoc
- Input data on revenues, expense reports and suppliers in financial system, validate and correct, if needed;
- Conduct variance analysis between financial and operational systems;
- Ensure matching between financial system and control files (PWGSC);
- Issue monthly tax reports;
- Provide customer service to internal and external clients of Telefilm Canada and participate in proactive concerning policies (hospitality, travel, procurement etc.).
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Diploma of Vocational Studies (DVS) or Diploma of College Studies (DCS) or equivalent;
- 2 to 3 years relevant experience;
- Good attention to detail;
- Client focused;
- Familiar with taxes (GST, HST, QST);
- Proven organizational skills in order to work on several projects at a time;
- Ability to work both independently and within a multidisciplinary team;
- Comfortable working in a highly computerized environment and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of Oracle Financial System will be an important asset;
- Knowledge of the federal government apparatus and of the audio-visual industry, an asset;
- Be available to do overtime when needed;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written, proficiency in both the French and English language, at the CBC level.
HIRING SALARY: $42,000 – $58,500