Advisor, Digital Communication and Promotion
Promotion and Communcations
StatusSpecific term - One year
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineJanuary 15, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation and operation of Telefilm’s marketing and digital communications strategies, as follows:
- Develops and maintains Telefilm’s social media community on various platforms, creating varied and engaging content for both linguistic markets in proactively promoting and celebrating Canadian talent and successes.
- Monitors Telefilm Canada’s reputation on social media, identifying potential opportunities and risks.
- Works in close collaboration with the public relations team to recommend and develop online communications solutions, and to ensure cohesive messaging.
- Monitors trends and recommends improved or enhance strategies or platforms.
- Develops, implements and optimizes print and digital marketing campaigns.
- Coordinates the production of all relevant print and digital marketing materials, including brochures, invitations, print ads, banner ads, videos, editorial content, and more.
- When necessary, liaises with Telefilm Canada’s clients to produce these various promotional tools in both languages.
- Performs initial quality control on materials produced by external suppliers and ensures compliance to Telefilm’s brand guidelines and language standards.
- Develops and maintains Telefilm Canada’s websites (telefilm.ca, www.rdvcanada.ca, https://lefondsdestalents.ca/):
- Develops and integrates content on websites and mass mailing tool (Cakemail);
- Manages the relationship with external agency, reporting issues and working to resolve them in a timely manner;
- Monitors trends and recommends strategies to improve user experience, ergonomy, and accessibility of Telefilm’s websites, as well as the performance of the monthly newsletter;
- Regularly prepares reports on activities, campaigns or other matters for key members of the organization, including project leaders and executive management.
- Works in close collaboration with various team members to recommend effective marketing and social media tactics supporting activities from Promotions, Event Management, and Government Relations teams to ensure that Telefilm’s online presence is consistent with the overall promotion and communications strategy, and corporate priorities.
OTHER SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
Experience and competencies
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in a position focused mainly on social media and web.
- Excellent knowledge of the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and WordPress. Basic knowledge of HTML. Proficiency of Photoshop, InDesign, and other design software an asset.
- Experienced at using measurement tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experienced in web content management. Proficiency in best practices pertaining to web ergonomics and accessibility.
- Experienced in email marketing with regards to industry best practices. Proficiency in mass mailing tools such as Cake Mail.
- Superior analytical and conceptualization skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle several projects at once and to deliver on tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capacity for tact and diplomacy, a team player.
- Occasionally available to work evenings and weekends for event coverage.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both official languages, imperative staffing at the CBC level.