ADVISOR, IT INFORMATION AND SOLUTIONS
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineAugust 2, 2021
STARTING SALARY : $83 231$ to $104 300
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Service Delivery, the incumbent is responsible for implementing technological solutions and structuring information within the solutions. More specifically, the incumbent will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Build and maintain a Portfolio of Applications (all technology solutions) responding to the needs of Telefilm and structure information effectively within the portfolio.
- Convey the orientations of solution and information architecture, and provide leadership that supports planning for change arising from projects, effectively aligning the corporate strategy and offering a high level of service.
- Provide recommendations for design based on short, mid and long-term needs.
- Achieve a balance between needs for access, security, performance and the costs of these solutions.
- Monitor technological solutions and information management; will be responsible for several projects and lead activities related to the planning and monitoring of IT budgets.
- Act as a security officer for the organization, advising the Information Security Committee on security and cybersecurity risks.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum eight years’ experience as a professional in the field of information technology, at least two years of which involved being in charge of information and solutions in large-scale projects;
- Ability to lead work sessions in a multidisciplinary group;
- Ability to advise people with different or diverging interests towards achieving a consensus by prioritizing the need for simplification;
- Proven expertise in change management;
- Ability to adapt in order to blend in with teams already in place and projects already underway;
- Leadership and ability to delegate and manage several projects at once;
- Experience with process solutions;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages at the CBC level