ADVISOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS
NATIONAL PROMOTION AND COMMUNICATIONS
DeadlineMarch 24, 2017
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Communications, the incumbent, in collaboration with the Head, Public Relations, develops and implements Telefilm’s external communications strategies.
- Actively seeks out opportunities to promote Canadian industry talent and the organization.
- Writes and coordinates the release of various documents such as press releases, speaking notes, key messages and briefing notes for key spokespeople, members of the management team or Telefilm’s Board, as needed.
- Manages journalists’ requests for information, interviews, and follow-up materials.
- Participates, with the Head, Public Relations, in the management of the organization’s reputation, both in new and traditional media, as well as offers support in crisis management.
- Maintains the various media and outreach lists.
- Monitors and analyzes media coverage and prepares the daily media report for key members of the organization, recommending improvements to our reporting as needed.
- Develops and leads international promotion communications plans, and, whether with internal or external resources, oversees their implementation.
- Organizes and manages press conferences.
- Analyzes results of various communication initiatives, prepares reports, and makes recommendations.
- Collaborates closely with the web and social media team to ensure cohesive communications across all digital channels, especially for international projects.
- Treats everyone with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates integrity in all actions and decisions
- Communicates effectively and openly
- Ensures that messages conveyed are consistent and within context
- Creates and participates in bi-directional communication exchanges
- Looks for continuous improvement and takes calculated risks
- Positively challenges the status quo
- Champion of change in one’s job
- Anticipates and initiates change
- Engages others
- Leads change and celebrates successes
- Recognizes the contributions of team members
- Seeks out resources and learning opportunities in everyday work and enables others to learn by creating opportunities
- Actively gathers, organizes and transfers knowledge and experience to others and facilitates its application
- Gives and seeks specific, timely and constructive feedback and supports development
Courageous team player
- Addresses difficult issues
- Puts oneself on the line
- Stands firm
- Builds solid relationships
- Is responsive and anticipates needs
- Provides quality and efficiency driven solutions and services
- Aligns actions and decisions with external and internal clients’ priorities
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant and recognized experience in public/media relations planning or external communications
- Sound knowledge of the latest communications technologies – must be proficient in the effective use of the different media platforms
- Excellent writing skills, capable of communicating clear and consistent messages.
- Ability to synthesize and manage information in varied mediums and to diverse audiences.
- Strong organizational skills to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Proactive attitude and ability to focus on results.
- Solid skills in crisis and conflict resolution, problem-solving.
- Strong capacity for efficient and positive interpersonal relations, and solid consultative abilities.
- Outstanding reputation as a good team member, tact and diplomacy.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in both official languages at the CBC level.