ADVISOR, PUBLIC RELATIONS – ENGLISH MARKET
Promotion and Communications
StatusSpecific term - one year maternity leave replacement
LocationMontreal, Quebec, Vancouver, British Columbia, Toronto, Ontario, Halifax, Nova Scotia
DeadlineApril 15, 2019
Start date : Mid-June
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Communications, the incumbent is a key strategic resource, responsible for developing and implementing external communications and media strategies to establish, build, and maintain Telefilm’s relationships with various stakeholders and the general public in their reference market.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the external communications strategies by actively seeking opportunities to promote Canadian talent and the organization.
- Contributes to the development of national communications plans by ensuring regional equity and works closely with the web and social media team to ensure consistency of messaging across all communications platforms.
- Responsible for proactively maintaining and enhancing Telefilm’s media coverage, monitors the impact of activities, and prepares daily media reports for key members of the organization.
- Effectively manages media relations, requests for information, interviews, and follow-up materials from journalists.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of activities relating to external communications media strategies with key stakeholders and the public at large.
- Proactively participates in the management of the organization’s reputation, both in new media and traditional media, and is a key advisor in risk management.
- Writes various documents, such as press releases, speaking notes, key messages, and briefing notes for Telefilm’s principal spokespersons, executive management, or Board of Directors, and coordinates publication of these documents.
- Organizes and manages press conferences.
- Contributes to and supports the development and implementation of the media strategies for Promotion sector and oversees their application.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, journalism, or a related field
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant and recognized experience in public relations or external communications within a company
- Significant knowledge of modern communications technologies – must already have experience in the effective use of different media platforms
- Excellent writing skills and in communicating messages with clarity and consistency.
- Ability to speak clearly and have experience in assisting with the development and implementation of communications plans and strategies.
- Ability to synthesize and manage information in different forms and according to intended recipients, and ability to write and communicate messages with clarity and consistency.
- Ability to build dynamic and productive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Organizational aptitude and ability to manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Proactive attitude and focused on results.
- Strong crisis-resolution, conflict, and problem-solving skills.
- Reputation as outstanding team member, with tact and diplomacy.
- Impressive oral and written communications skills in both official languages (bilingualism imperative, CBC level).
To apply for this position, please include your letter of interest, indicating the competition number, and your résumé to human resources by fax to 514-283-2043 or by email to CV@telefilm.ca.
Telefilm Canada adheres to principles of employment equity.
Applicants commit to complying with the Conflict of Interest Disclosure Requirements.
We thank all candidates for their interest but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.