ANALYST, SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineSeptember 30, 2021
HIRING SALARY : $55 487 to $69 544
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Manager, Projects Delivery, the incumbent participates in needs analysis and development of information systems, quality assurance of systems and acts as liaison between the various sectors taking part in major change initiatives.
- Works supportively with managers in a change management context to measure, analyze, and ensure the successful implementation of new tools and processes.
- Performs analysis, development, unit and functional tests, quality assurance and contributes to documentation of assigned development projects.
- Takes part in other systems development-related activities, such as preliminary analyses in order to propose solutions, implementation support, and internal user training.
- In production support activities, provides Level 2 support for users and also updates functional systems-related documentation, such as working procedures.
- Contributes to strategic change planning, that is, identifies and anticipates the changes needed, analyzes the data gathered, understands the business context and impact on processes, and develops ideas for solutions.
- Evaluates ideas based on opportunities, and on their alignment with the business plan and needs. Facilitates decision making by recommending action based on persuasive arguments.
- Collaborates on structuring change by applying analytical methods and modelling that is, designs, develops, corrects, and optimizes those models to meet expressed needs.
- Participates in operational adaption of processes or technologies, and manages change according to established parameters so that the desired values are delivered.
- Is part of a multidisciplinary team of analysts, able to work in collaboration with risk management teams, performance and quality management teams, and various sectors, to support the change management cycle.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in computer science;
- Two (2) years of relevant experience;
- Experience in business process management and implementation of performance measures
- Web 2.0 tools (WordPress, Yammer, Twitter, Facebook, etc.);
- Familiarity with code version management tools such as GIT, SVN or others;
- Able to communicate effectively with clients, accurately identify their needs, and evaluate relevant business solutions
- Focused on results and client
- Able to show initiative and innovation
- Possesses a well-developed, methodical, and analytical approach to identifying critical issues and solutions
- Able to show good judgement, integrity, and flexibility in change management
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy, a team player.
- Superior communications skills in English and French, spoken and written, at BBB level.