Business Analyst, digital media
CMF Program Administrator
StatusSpecific term - one year maternity leave replacement
DeadlineApril 12, 2021
We are seeking someone with solid experience in the digital cultural production milieu (software and video games development, and new technological platforms). The candidate must be easily able to handle content and technology concepts and the financial aspects of digital projects submitted to the CMF. Your profile and expertise will complement those of a multidisciplinary team in the field of digital media whose priority is customer service and promotion of the industry.
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Director, Portfolio Management, the incumbent is responsible for managing digital media projects. Moreover:
- You will analyze files submitted to the CMF, primarily for digital media projects, on the basis of their creative and financial aspects; among other things, you will evaluate the innovative nature of the projects and the viability of their financial structures and budgets, and ensure that the projects meet all of the requirements set forth in the CMF guidelines;
- You will follow up on the files by requesting more information or clarifications from the producer and/or other stakeholders and by ensuring the conformity of the information obtained;
- You will make recommendations for the acceptance or rejection of the projects to the Deputy Director, and to the National Director, if necessary;
- You will enter the project information in the database, update it if necessary and check that it is correct;
- You will follow up with the applicants in order to answer their questions, address their concerns and obtain documentation related to their files and, if necessary, will communicate with any other funding agencies or stakeholders in the digital media industry.
Other competencies and requirements
- University degree in a related field;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience in the digital media industry, particularly in a production and/or production accounting capacity;
- Good knowledge of software and video games development, and new technological platforms;
- Knowledge of the issues regarding the digital media industries;
- Ability to analyze the budget of a digital work in relation to the deliverables and the different components of the project;
- Good analytical and negotiating skills and ease in communicating with clients and colleagues;
- Ability to write recommendation reports and various other documents;
- Excellent organizational skills so as to be able to handle several projects at the same time;
- Good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, team player;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages at the CBC level. see https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism