StatusSpecific term - up to March 30, 2018
DeadlineJuly 31, 2017
Reporting to the National Feature Film Executive – English Market, the Content Analyst works with other members of the Feature Film team providing support to the decision makers with respect to creative matters on a multitude of issues. As a key member of the team, the Analyst:
- Has solid expertise in the concept, writing and development of scripts for fiction feature films.
- Assesses the creative content of production funding requests within a complex, dynamic and constantly evolving creative environment as well as providing feedback and content notes to the decision-makers on the creative elements of the financing proposal.
- Attends screenings for a film’s rough cut and final cut and provides comments/feedback.
- Screens applicants’ previous films and assesses the track record of producers, writers and directors.
- Helps develop guidelines and participates in other special projects tied to content analysis and creative issues. You will also be expected to take on project-management responsibilities.
- Helps the team benefit from industry knowledge by screening films and continually updates knowledge of the market.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
- Experience in the film and television industry in the development of feature film scripts and a solid understanding of feature film-financing.
- Knowledge of Telefilm Canada’s mission, principal activities, productions and role in the Canadian and international audio-visual communities an asset.
- Superior analytical and conceptualization skills, diplomatic skills and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle several projects at once.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capacity for tact and diplomacy, a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and the knowledge of French is an asset.