Coordinator, program administration – 2 Positions
Business Affairs and Coproduction
Status1 Continuous service & 1 Specific Term
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineJanuary 15, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Business Affairs, the incumbent contributes to the business affairs team in carrying out the following:
- verify client eligibility, according to program guidelines and provide customer service and support by responding to telephone and email enquiries for all Telefilm programs, including development, promotion, international and national marketing, export assistance and production programs;
- ensure coordination responsibilities and eligibility assessment for all projects submitted in all programs as per the applicable Guidelines; record and update data on multiple projects in all databases, respect service charter timeframes and follow-up of files throughout various stages;
- assess conformity of low risk program files (development, international marketing, export assistance and promotion) funding requests in order to prepare and sign contracts; in case of non-conformity refers to supervisor for decision;
- receive and evaluate documentation in relation to project milestones (drawdowns) in low risk program files and release payments; in case of non-conformity refers to supervisor for decision;
- receive and process final costs documentation in low risk program files; in case of non-conformity refers to supervisor for decision.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- College diploma;
- at least 3 years of experience in office work and administrative tasks; basic knowledge of financial and contractual documents;
- proficient in use of Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other, as needed; able to use, or to learn to use, Telefilm’s Dialogue and Sineweb databases;
- good judgement in interpreting orders and situations; able to make appropriate decisions; able to interact with diverse clients;
- capable of adapting to varied situations and taking over for other project coordinators;
- excellent oral and written communications skills in English or French; knowledge of second official language at the BBB level is considered an asset.