Director, Event Management
Promotion and Communications
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineSeptember 11, 2020
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate their gender, status as an Indigenous person, a person with a disability, or a member of a racialized group or other.
Reporting to the director of promotion and communications, you will collaborate in the development of the international promotional strategy. You will also be responsible for all national and international event deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with management in establishing national and international promotional strategy by providing expertise in the delivery of events and initiatives, both physical and virtual, and ensure a sound understanding of different markets.
- Develop a detailed annual plan based on the strategic planning of corporate activities (national, international, and corporate).
- Assume leadership in the planning of all deliverables related to promotional and business development activities.
- Recommend effective and efficient work processes.
- Maintain a network and business relationships with various stakeholders, including international event organizers and industry partners.
- Advise and support current or future stakeholders with an interest in participating in various events.
- Ensure proactive and ongoing communications with internal and external stakeholders in the implementation of activities while adhering to the annual plan.
- Identify and select the best specialized suppliers based on the needs of each event.
- Manage tenders and contracts in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Oversee supplier contract requirements.
- Negotiate and document agreements and ensure them in terms of compliance, time frames, and costs.
- Ensure accountability for all activities under their responsibility and provide rigorous follow-up.
- Plan activities and manage the allocation of resources in order to optimize human and financial resources on an annual basis, monitor the use of resources allocated to activities, and report on results.
- Ensure effective project management of a versatile and multidisciplinary team.
- Evaluate and establish collaborative work processes by proposing, organizing, and providing the tools necessary for continuous improvement.
- Ensure the acquisition, maintenance, and development of team knowledge, skills, and behaviour for the effective performance of their tasks.
- Maintain ongoing supervision to ensure team operation in accordance with project management and customer service best practices.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
· University degree in a relevant discipline
· Eight (8) years of experience in a similar position
· Five (5) years of experience in a team management position
· PMP certification an asset
· Sound knowledge of digital or virtual marketing
· Excellent skills in managing large-scale international cultural events
· Collaborative leadership and direction in a dynamic and structured environment
· Excellent planning and organizational skills
· Highly developed ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, and to prioritize and handle a variety of tasks
· Strong budgeting and negotiation skills
· Ability to maintain efficient and positive interpersonal relationships
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both official languages (English and French) at the CBC level.