DeadlineJuly 26, 2021
STARTING SALARY : $83 231$ – $104 317
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance, the main role of the incumbent consists in working on various initiatives whose objective is to continually improve the corporation’s business and financial processes. He or she works in a matrix relationship with Finance’s chief accountant and other colleagues in the finance department. The incumbent will fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Provide and carry out various analyses related to financial governance for senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Conduct accountability activities with various governmental organizations and ensure that the information presented is reliable and in compliance with the laws, norms and specific requirements;
- Prepare analytical reports, briefing notes and correspondence among the finance department, senior management and the Board of Directors;
- Issue recommendations to management and conduct follow-up on deficiencies identified during audits;
- Assist management in resolving deficiencies and improving the control environment;
- Identify, analyze and explain budget variances and participate in the annual budget process;
- Be involved in the basic certification of quarterly financial statements;
- Be an internal expert in terms of policies, processes, risks and financial controls;
- Take part in the design, development and implementation of performance management tools, financial dashboards, and in the automation of reports.
- Take part in improvement projects for the finance department.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or finance or equivalent degree;
- A minimum of five years’ experience as a financial analyst and in internal control in a large-scale environment;
- Asset: Professional accounting designation CPA;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both official languages at the CBC level (for more information please visit https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism)