Head of Project Management
LocationMontreal or Toronto
DeadlineSeptember 30, 2020
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. Our organization promotes diversity and inclusion and encourages candidates to voluntarily indicate if they are part of an underrepresented group. In alignment with this commitment, Telefilm Canada will give preference, amongst qualified candidates, to individuals who self-identify as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour.
ABOUT TELEFILM CANADA
A proud champion of Canadian talent and stories, at home and abroad, Telefilm has been at the heart of the Canadian audiovisual industry for more than half a century.
Our mandate to foster and promote the development of the audiovisual industry in Canada remains as relevant today as it was when it was first put into place. Our driving goal is to bring Canadian creativity to the world.
We are a team of some 190 enthusiasts of Canadian media content dedicated to the commercial, cultural and industrial success of Canada’s audiovisual industry.
As a Government of Canada Crown corporation, in the Canadian Heritage portfolio, we support dynamic companies and creators, providing financial support to Canadian film projects as well as promoting and exporting Canadian content at festivals, markets and events – regionally, nationally and around the world. We are responsible for making recommendations to the Minister of Canadian Heritage on whether projects can be recognized as audiovisual treaty co-productions. We also administer the funding programs of the Canada Media Fund.
Headquartered in Montreal, we serve our clients through four offices located in Vancouver, Toronto, Montreal and Halifax.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Head of Project Management will manage a portfolio of projects that will enforce leadership to bring the organization to a level of excellence in its ability to deliver on its corporate commitments and obligations This person will also play a key role in maintaining relationships with all stakeholders at a strategic and non-operational level.
The ideal applicant is a strong leader, a pragmatic problem solver, results-driven, relationship and talent builder and has superior communication skills in both French and English.
- Develop and manage the project management office at Telefilm Canada.
- Develop all documentation to efficiently deliver successful projects, including all standards, project plans and relevant documentation.
- Analyze the Corporate Strategic Plan and recommend projects to create the most value for the organization.
- Build business cases, comprehensive and complete project plans (including timelines, milestones, RACIs, critical success factors, risk assessments, objectives and success metrics, change management plans, etc.) to structure successful projects.
- Manage all aspects of a project life cycle, up to its completion on time, on budget and according to plan.
- Act as the subject matter expert in project management.
- Ensure project teams are sufficiently knowledgeable to carry on projects by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Contribute to developing a project culture in the organization to drive accountability and results.
- Monitor the projects and prepare reports for upper management regarding their overall status (e.g., Budget, Scope, Timeline).
- Conduct project postmortems and offer recommendations to continuously improve project management practices.
Engage cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Establish and build relationships with cross-functional partners at all levels of the organization, including executive and senior management to advance the delivery of projects.
- Drive engagement and maintain project accountability, escalating where appropriate to the Executive Director.
- Work collaboratively with the different department to initiate projects and set up process as well relevant project documentation.
- Resolve project-related issues, facilitate resolution with key project stakeholders and communicate issues appropriately.
- Lead project teams that are not under your direct supervision
- Set and effectively communicate expectations and objectives to project team members and stakeholders
- Direct, guide and liaise with project team members and stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Foster a learning culture, providing updates to working teams and ensure learnings are captured and transferred between projects.
- Develop and monitor ongoing projects to ensure the PMO delivers value to the organization.
OTHER COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University Degree – Bachelor in a related discipline / MBA considered an asset
- PMP certification is required
- Minimum 10 years progressive work-related experience, including demonstrated experience running a PMO
- Strategic thinker who can make decisions and plan, develop and implement innovative solutions
- Extensive knowledge of and experience employing best-practice change management methodologies
- Must possess strong negotiation, influencing, stakeholder management, communication
- Ability to analyze situations fully and accurately and reach productive decisions
- Strong project financial forecasting and cost management
- Strong communication and presentation skills with proven ability to focus on the detail
- Effectively manage multiple activities while under tight time constraints
- Work independently but know when to make decisions and when to seek input from others
- Ability to establish collaborative relationships with multiple key stakeholders
- Demonstrated planning and prioritization abilities
- Experience and involvement with internal audit and regulatory reviews
- Outstanding oral and written communications skills in both official languages at the CBC level, for more information please visit https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism.