Inclusion Initiatives Advisor and Investment Analyst
Cultural Portfolio Management – Business affairs
StatusContinuous service, Full time
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineOctober 27, 2020
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce that is reflective of Canadian society. Our organization promotes diversity and inclusion and encourages candidates to voluntarily indicate if they are part of an underrepresented group. In alignment with this commitment, Telefilm Canada will give preference, amongst qualified candidates, to individuals who self-identify as Black, Indigenous or People of Colour.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, Business Affairs, your role will be to evaluate funding applications, act as a community liaison, resource person and representative of racialized and underrepresented communities, and participate in the administration of funding commitments in both language markets. You will participate in outreach activities for these communities, help producers navigate Telefilm’s offering effectively, inform them of our programs and offer support for their projects. You will also act as an advisor in the areas of inclusion, equity and representation, in addition to guiding other members of the business affairs team.
Your responsibilities will include the following, among others:
- Evaluate funding applications and participate in the administration of financial commitments in both language markets.
- Conduct due diligence on production budgets, chain-of-title agreements, the financing and distribution framework of submitted applications, in accordance with Telefilm Canada’s policies.
- Participate in negotiations, write analyses and make recommendations. Ensure follow-up on financial letters of offer, prepare contracts and review documentation submitted in support of payment claims according to established schedules.
- Act as a liaison and resource person for racialized and underrepresented creators and producers to help them navigate Telefilm Canada’s activities effectively and provide support for their projects.
- In collaboration with the Lead, Inclusion Initiatives, may be called upon to participate in meetings, seminars or other events as a Telefilm representative, focusing on engaging racialized and underrepresented communities to develop networks and relationships.
- Identify and support the talents of racialized and underrepresented groups.
- Actively participate in the Equity and Representation Action Committee and other working groups, in collaboration with officials and organizers, to engage external stakeholders and industry members in continuing dialogue on equity and representation initiatives.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in a related field. A degree and/or professional designation in the field of finance, accounting and/or law is considered an asset.
- Minimum of three (3 ) years of relevant experience in a similar position, more specifically in financial management and/or accounting in the film, television or media sector.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and fluency in English and French, highly preferred (see https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism).
- Experience and knowledge of production or distribution/broadcasting practices and regulations in the film or television industry.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Good knowledge of Excel, database software and file sharing in a cloud computing environment.
- Ability to manage several projects at the same time, strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Home-office space and adequate Internet connection to support Telefilm’s work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.