Learning and Development Advisor
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineNovember 1, 2020
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Reporting to the Director Human resources, the Learning and Development Advisor plays a key role in the development of Telefilm Canada’s vision in terms of learning and development. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining a consistent culture of learning and development within the organization. S/he identifies needs in order to design and develop the most appropriate learning and development solutions for employees and managers of the organizations. S/he also remains aware of new trends in adult learning and has a knowledge of new technologies used in training and learning initiatives.
- Contribute to establishing the overall TFC’s strategy in terms of learning and development.
- Work with internal clients to identify training development needs to answer organizational priorities.
- Establish the learning objectives of the different trainings offered in order to build internal capacity and knowledge while providing an engaging learner experience.
- Create, implement and improve all of TFC’s training efforts.
- Design and develop innovative and effective learning experiences at Telefilm Canada.
- Contribute to and promote a learning culture at TFC by building an impactful training offering that drives accountability and results.
- Communicate learning initiatives and activities to employees.
- Use design and project management’s best practices to ensure effective and efficient development of content that meets the needs of the organization.
- Apply the most recent adult learning principles to design engaging learning opportunities.
- Coordinate effectively training and development programs.
- Develop and implement a structured training process that supports the Society in the achievement of its organizational goals.
- Manage all aspects of a learning experience, up to its completion, on budget and according to plan.
- Ensure that the development of training and development programs meets deadline.
- Remain aware at all times of new trends in technology to support learning and development.
- Actively research, creatively design and implement effective methods to improve performance and recognize outstanding performance.
- Develop learning experiences using the most recent instructional technologies, such as animation software, audio development and graphics.
- Work with external vendors to provide learning and development initiatives as needed.
- Act as the subject matter expert in terms of learning and development and andragogy.
- Ensure the quality and consistency of learning and development materials offered.
- Keep up to date with best practices and trends.
- Ensure training product quality meets TFC’s objectives and report back.
- Monitor the learning experiences and prepare reports for the Vice-President regarding their overall status.
- Conduct training postmortems and offer recommendations to continuously improve the training.
- Offer certain training to employees on subjects such as work conditions, policies, harassment, etc.
- Develop training material that will be used to train the trainers in order to build internal capacity.
- Perform other duties as requested.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in related discipline (Learning and development management, organizational development);
- minimum of ten years of experience in a similar position with an advisory role with regards to learning, training and development;
- proven pedagogical skills for the development of leaning content;
- demonstrated a good capacity to influence and excellent team player;
- member of CHRP an asset;
- experience implementing performance measures for training and development;
- coaching and mentoring skills;
- ability to communicate effectively with employees to clearly identify needs and evaluate business solutions;
- demonstrated leadership, initiative and innovation;
- well-developed methodical and analytical approach for identifying critical issues and solutions;
- excellent sense in managing efficiently several projects at the same time (planning organization and follow-up);
- good interpersonal skills, tact and diplomacy, team player;
- superior communication skills, oral and writing, in both official languages – CBC level (for more information please visit https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism).
- Home-office space and adequate Internet connection to support Telefilm’s work environment during the COVID-19 pandemic.