Manager, Compliance and Collection
StatusSpecific term - one year maternity leave replacement
DeadlineFebruary 1, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning, organizing, and reviewing compliance and collection activities. They will work closely with colleagues and manage a team of analysts, an auditor, and a technician. The incumbent will:
- Participate in the evaluation, modification, implementation, reconciliation, and analysis of revenue management systems.
- Establish the required financial analysis processes and systems for collection.
- Manage the system, analyze default situations, and set up monitoring and prevention mechanisms. Negotiate regularization agreements and propose recommendations for action to be taken in the event of non-compliance.
- Ensure the implementation of accounting and operational audit measures for Telefilm Canada’s client partners.
- Maintain client relations with the Canada Media Fund for the financial sector with respect to month ends, invoicing, and budget. Review and supervise the issuance of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for filing and presentation to the client.
- Ensure compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Follow-up on recommendations from internal and external audits and key performance indicators for the organization.
- Collect information and prepare answers to Parliamentary and Department of Canadian Heritage questions.
- Perform, in their field of expertise, all other related tasks and participate in various internal and external committees aimed at sharing information, harmonizing policies and criteria, and consolidating approaches and procedures with TFC’s financial partners.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in general accounting
- Accounting certification CPA
- Eight (8) years of relevant experience, particularly in financial-data management, of which three (3) years were spent in a management or supervisory position;
- Good proficiency in systems, generally accepted accounting standards (notably CPSAS) and Treasury Board of Canada’s standardization;
- Experience in a highly computerized work environment and knowledge of integration systems such as those by Oracle;
- Superior analytical and conceptualization skills, excellent planning and organizational skills, and ability to handle several projects at once;
- Proficiency in spoken and written French and good knowledge of spoken and written English at the CBC level.