MANAGER, IT SERVICE DELIVERY
StatusContinuous service, Full time
DeadlineAugust 13, 2021
HIRING SALARY : $92 000 to $115 000
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting to the Vice President, Information Technology, the incumbent is responsible for the overall management of IT operations, such as strategy, deployment, development and support of applications. As the person responsible for customer service operations, ensures the implementation of processes and procedures, develops service standards, and sees to their measurement and application. Oversees the management of contracts and services offered through outsourcing as well as internal resources. He/she is responsible for the planning and implementation of ITIL practices allowing for the establishment and maintenance of a high-performance work environment.
- Ensures the implementation of production, data control, operations and operational support activities.
- Plans all human, material and financial resources and monitors the budgets and resources of his/her team.
- Develops and ensures compliance with policies, procedures and processes under his/her control.
- Defines the operating cycle and oversees and coordinates the operations centre’s day-to-day activities.
- Reviews and assesses equipment performance, including capacity, process and work procedures; prepares reports as required.
- Ensures availability, operation, optimization, security and support of equipment, software and networks, and ensures application-level performance meets current and future service levels.
- Carries out product maintenance and ensures that products evolve.
- Manages client service activities and resources, including vendor agreements and customer support.
- Defines expected level of service, manages client support agreements and operations; makes adjustments as required.
- Establishes processes for identifying, tracking, escalating, resolving and reporting problems.
- Works with other IT teams to analyze and proactively seek solutions, and recommends an action plan to prevent problems and meet service levels.
- Provides usage statistics of the various services to his/her team in order to optimize the level of service.
Operational change management
- Manages IT operations resulting from the implementation of corporate and/or sectoral changes.
- Develops and implements standards, procedures and processes related to the consolidation of operations.
- Plans for support of new technologies and data centre performance and reliability.
- Works with other IPR teams to monitor the adaptation of information systems and technology infrastructures based on change specifications.
IT infrastructure development
- Effectively manages small and medium-sized technology projects.
- Ensures work progress, quality, validation and approval of project deliverables.
- Communicates regularly on project status, achievement of project objectives, and adherence to schedules and budget.
- Collaborates on controls for the integration of computer systems and technological infrastructures according to the specifications of the change projects.
- Implements and manages telephony, telecommunications and cloud-based solutions in conjunction with the conceptual architecture.
- Implements and maintains the suite of automated office tools.
- Manages the development and delivery of security standards, best practices, architectures and systems that ensure the information security of implemented systems and solutions.
- Plans and implements security systems and their administration for all projects.
- Ensures the evaluation and selection of security applications and systems.
- Monitors the technology industry and market trends to establish a picture of the situation in order to assess the potential impact on business processes and/or solutions; stays on top of trends to provide and maintain an innovative vision for the organization.
- Leads a multidisciplinary team of IT technicians, system administrators, and information and IT solutions
- Provides guidance to employees and ensures their ongoing development.
- Maintains a workforce with the appropriate mix of knowledge, technical skills and competencies required to achieve the Corporation’s objectives.
- Promotes knowledge-sharing and seeks opportunities for team improvement.
- Maintains open, trust-based, two-way communication with team members.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree: Bachelor’s in IT business management, computer science, software engineering or IT Operations management
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience, including 5 in a management position
- Experience with the DevOps management approach in a Cloud environment
- Knowledge of an IT environment and ITIL concepts or equivalent practice
- Skilled at coaching and transmitting knowledge
- Skilled at problem solving, identifying solutions and applying them (execution)
- Aptitude for interpersonal relations and negotiations
- Capable of making decisions and managing several projects at once
- Excellent planning, organizational and priority management ability
- Keenly interested in cyber security incident detection and network and system security
- Perfectly bilingual, verbally and in writing; CBC level.