SENIOR ADVISOR, LEARNING AND ORGANIZATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
LocationAll Telefilm offices
DeadlineJuly 19, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes diversity and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Vice President, Talent and Culture, the incumbent plays a key role in the development of Telefilm Canada’s vision. The incumbent is responsible for implementing the leadership development program and a learning organization culture. He or she identifies needs in order to design and develop the most appropriate learning and organizational development solutions for the organization as a whole and the executive team. The individual also keeps abreast of new trends in learning and new technologies used in organizational learning and development initiatives.
Development of learning strategies and organizational development
- Contributes to establishing TFC’s overall learning and development strategy to align with strategic priorities.
- Works with internal clients to target skill development needs.
- Develops strong business relationships and builds trust to facilitate problem solving and buy-in to change.
- Nurtures and promotes a learning culture at TFC by developing effective initiatives that promote accountability and drive results.
- Designs and develops innovative and effective learning experiences at TFC by adopting best practices in project management.
- Develops and implements communication, training, coaching and engagement plans to mobilize stakeholders to achieve objectives, taking into account the context of the projects and the corporate culture.
- Conducts analysis, post-training follow-up, and makes recommendations for continuous improvement of training.
- Collaborates on projects and program development related to engagement, onboarding and integration, performance management, succession management, leadership skills development, transfer of expertise.
Activities and support
- Implements a leadership development program and is able to help facilitate a few sessions.
- Designs and facilitates training sessions, team building or development, strategic thinking, workshops, leadership development and co-development, etc.
- Develops workshops that will be used to train internal trainers and thus build internal capacity.
- Supports content experts in the development and delivery of their training.
Governance and planning
- Coordinates learning and development programs effectively.
- Develops, implements and manages the structured learning and development policy and processes that will enable TFC to achieve its organizational goals.
- Manages all aspects of the learning experience from start to finish while staying within budget and plan.
- Keeps abreast of new technology trends to support learning and development.
- Actively researches, creatively designs and implements effective methods to improve human performance and recognize outstanding performance.
- Contributes to the implementation of a learning and development management system.
- Develops learning experiences using the latest instructional technology tools.
- Works with external vendors to deliver learning and development initiatives based on organizational needs and priorities.
COMPETENCIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- University degree in related discipline (Learning and development management, organizational development);
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar position with an advisory role with regards to learning, training and development;
- autonomy and sense of initiative;
- organizational skills and excellent sense in managing efficiently several projects at the same time;
- good interpersonal and inclusion skills;
- excellent listening skills;
- capacity to analyze complex organizational issues;
- aptitude for synthesizing information and good writing skills;
- superior communication skills, oral and writing, in both official languages – CBC level (for more information please visit https://telefilm.ca/en/careers/diversity-and-bilingualism).
Hiring salary $81 840 to $102 573