VICE PRESIDENT, EQUITY, DIVERSITY, INCLUSION
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion
StatusContinuous service, Start Date June 2021, Full time
LocationMontreal or Toronto or Vancouver or Halifax
DeadlineMay 16, 2021
Telefilm Canada is committed to building a skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the Canadian population. The organization promotes equity, diversity, and inclusion, and encourages all individuals to voluntarily indicate if they identify as a woman, a member of an Indigenous community, a person with a disability, a member of a racialized group or other.
Telefilm Canada also strives to respect the principles of accessibility by making our recruitment, assessment and selection processes as accessible as possible.
If you have any questions about accessibility or require any accommodation at any point in the application and hiring process, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Reporting to the Executive Director and CEO and as a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Vice President, Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, creates and manages all initiatives aiming to firmly embed equity, diversity and inclusion in all of Telefilm Canada’s (“TFC”) activities and ways of doing things to ensure that it remains a visionary organization and a Canadian leader in this respect. The incumbent will support and advise managers and senior management on questions connected to equity, diversity, inclusion and official languages. The incumbent is also the main link between Telefilm Canada and key industry groups.
HIRING SALARY: Remuneration includes direct, indirect, and variable compensation, based on experience
This job is 100% teleworked for the time being. Once a return to the office will be announced, the person hired may be required to work from one of our four office locations: Montreal, Toronto, Vancouver, or Halifax.
Areas of specific contribution
- Create and implement a strategy that represents TFC’s culture and values so as to be exemplary in terms of equity, diversion, inclusion and in managing policies on official languages, both internally and in programs administered by TFC.
- Create and implement a strategy based on collaboration and partnership, ensuring that our cultural values are represented and that TFC is exemplary in terms of equity, diversity and inclusion in all areas, including policy management with regard to official languages, both internally and externally, focusing on the advantages administered by TFC.
- Create and implement a multi-year plan to reach its ambitious goals that ensure that TFC provides equal opportunities to all employees and stakeholders with whom it interacts and communicates appropriately with them.
- Create and implement a multi-year plan to reach our ambitious goals; in particular for TFC to create and provide opportunities for all employees and stakeholders to increase diversity and inclusion priorities and values.
- As an expert in the field, designs, directs, implements and participates in TFC’s strategic planning process.
- Work in close collaboration with the Executive Director and CEO, members of the Management Committee and members of the Board of Directors to provide support and advice on questions connected to equity, diversity and inclusion as well as management of official languages to ensure knowledgeable and inspiring direction.
- Collaborate actively and act as an agent of change with all services in order to ensure that the culture of equity, diversity and inclusion comes alive in each of TFC’s actions and in our offer of portfolio programs to ensure that TFC’s commitments to industry are respected. Be a proactive agent of change, acting as an agent of key change with the main internal and external stakeholders, building and actively maintaining a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion in all portfolios to ensure that we respect both the commitments and expectations of the industry as a whole.
- Coordinate all working groups and some other special committees so as to integrate equity, diversity and inclusion guided by knowledgeable leadership in the field, ensuring that the agreed policies and practices are uniformly applied, creating a renewed culture in the workplace, with internal and external stakeholders and providing insight and expertise in equity, diversity and inclusion in the design and development of TFC initiatives to reach the anticipated results.
- Coordinate activities, manage and understand TFC’s obligations in terms of official languages regulations.
- Share his or her expertise and support internal stakeholders involved in external initiatives to ensure that the message equity, diversity and inclusion is transmitted in a coherent, clear way that is easy to understand.
- Act as a spokesperson for TFC at round tables, interviews and other public engagements.
Inspiring and mobilizing Initiatives
- Implement education and awareness initiatives to make a lasting impact on TFC’s work culture. Design and implement awareness strategies, supporting education initiatives aiming to increase understanding and the capacity of TFC’s internal operating culture.
- Promote the development of keen cultural intelligence with all of TFC’s internal and external stakeholders. Design, develop and implement programs aiming to make stakeholders more aware of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Collaborate on developing and managing local and national win-win partnerships that are well aligned with TFC’s values of equity, diversity and inclusion. Create partnerships and collaborations which reflect TFC’s priorities in terms of equity, diversity and inclusion and participate in them.
- Remain abreast of trends and best practices and, after analyzing the data, suggest strategies to continually improve TFC’s practices. Knowledge of current trends and exemplary practices, experience in collecting and analyzing data to inform TFC strategies by ensuring that the polices and practices are relevant and based on evidence.
- Examine current policies, identify gaps, create policies and procedures to ensure that TFC’s commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion is explicit.
- Strengthen relations with internal and external stakeholders, develop shared control with them and increase expertise within TFC in terms of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Represent TFC and the initiatives of equity, diversity and inclusion with internal and external stakeholders;
- Ensure that all teams have the tools and support necessary to develop projects in terms of equity, diversity and inclusion through collaboration and sharing of knowledge and best practices;
- Develop and strengthen a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion in TFC by supporting the strategies through mechanisms that ensure accountability and results.
- Establish indicators to measure assess all the initiatives that reflect the impact of the incidence of equity, diversity and inclusion internally and externally each quarter.
Requirements of the position
- Required academic training: Post-graduate studies or equivalent
- Previous experience required: 10 years
- Required language skills: Bilingualism required in French and English, both oral and written, at the CBC level.
- Ongoing knowledge development of best practices in the field
- Demonstrated ability to operationalize programs focused on diversity and inclusion
- Recognized for their agility, proactivity and curiosity in resolving problems, in managing stakeholders and advising
- Experience managing teams in matrix structure focused on achieving common goals
- Skilled at change management, changes in current practices, policies and processes
We thank all applicants for their interest but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.