Telefilm Canada’s Development Program is reopening in September for fiscal 2022-2023
Telefilm Canada is reopening the Development Program this fall with updated Guidelines, Essential Information Guide and other supporting documents now available online.
This program supports Canadian production companies that are looking to finance the development of their feature film project(s) and is composed of four streams: the Prequalified Stream, the General Stream, the Indigenous Stream and the Stream for Black and People of Colour.
All production companies eligible under the Prequalified Stream will receive a notification of their eligibility and amount of eligible funding via Dialogue on Wednesday, July 6th.
- Opening date: September 12, 2022
- Closing date: October 3, 2022
- The Selective Stream is now called the General Stream.
- In the Prequalified Stream, Telefilm’s maximum financial participation increases to:
- $100,000 for Tier A
- $60,000 for Tier B
- $30,000 for Tier C
- In the General Stream (previously known as the Selective Stream), the Indigenous Stream and the Stream for Black and People of Colour, Telefilm’s maximum financial participation increases to $30,000 per project.
Telefilm’s recently-announced Self-Identification Questionnaire for data collection will apply for all creative team members (producers, writers, and directors) for projects submitted to the Development Program. Completion of the questionnaire by all participants is required for validating project eligibility in the Indigenous Stream and the Stream for Black and People of Colour. Data from completed Self-Identification Questionnaires also contributes to improving Telefilm’s funding programs and initiatives like capacity building, outreach and training.
All applications must be submitted online via Dialogue. All applicants are encouraged to read the Guidelines, Essential Information Guide and other supporting documents available on the webpage of the Development Program.