Canadian Innovation Lounge @ the South by Southwest XR Experience Exhibition
CALL FOR ENTRIES
(Canadian Companies working in the XR Sector)
XR Experience Exhibition is currently accepting applications for its upcoming edition.
Five different companies will be able to showcase their projects in the Canadian Innovation Lounge each day for a total of 15 companies over 3 days. Each company space will be set up with a table, chairs, electrical outlet and one screen. All other equipment and any individual branding elements (i.e. banners) must be provided by the selected companies. Companies will also benefit from inclusion in the Canada @ SXSW promotional campaign.
- This Call for Entries will be submitted through Dialogue Events.
- Please consult the User Guide to submit your application
- be a Canadian controlled corporation, as determined under sections 26 to 28 of the Investment Canada Act;
- be represented during the initiative by a Canadian citizen within the definition of the Citizenship Act or a permanent resident within the definition of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act;
- have its head office in Canada and carry out its activities in Canada;
- be planning to attend SXSW 2024 and available to exhibit according to the schedule that will be provided by mid-January 2024.
- Have at minimum a demo version of their projects to showcase
Telefilm Canada does not offer financial support to take part in this initiative. It is taken for granted that regardless of their selection, applicants will attend SXSW 2024.
The SXSW® Conference & Festivals celebrate the convergence of the tech, film and television, and music industries. Located deep in the heart of Austin, Texas, SXSW is the premier destination for discovery. The annual March event features sessions, music and comedy showcases, film and television screenings, world-class exhibitions, professional development and networking opportunities, tech competitions, awards ceremonies, and much more. SXSW proves that the most unexpected discoveries happen when diverse topics and people come together.
Telefilm Canada and its partners are pleased to announce a new addition to our initiatives at South by Southwest (SXSW), a dedicated space at the XR Experience Exhibition for Canadian companies to showcase their innovation and creativity. Open to any Canadian company that wishes to showcase or demo their creativity and innovation through XR, gaming, AI, or other technologies, the Canadian Innovation Lounge aims to position Canada as a leader in both creativity and innovation.
Promotion and Communications
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890