Cannes 2024 | Not Short on Talent
CALL FOR ENTRIES
(Canadian short films, all genres)
Telefilm Canada is currently accepting submissions for its 14th edition of CANADA: NOT SHORT ON TALENT program at Cannes, a curated market showcase presented at the Short Film Corner 2024.
To be considered eligible, a film must:
- Retain a World or International premiere status until the screening date in May;
- Not have been made available on the Internet outside Canada;
- Be produced after June 1st 2023;
- Have a maximum running time of 20 minutes;
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English at the time of submission due to international market requirements (if they are not available at the moment of your submission, please indicate it on the form. Exceptions may be considered at the time of evaluation);
- Not have previously been accepted to Not Short on Talent at Cannes or Clermont-Ferrand;
- Not have previously applied to the Cannes 2023 edition of Not Short on Talent;
- Film team must be available for the planned training activities (between May 19 to 22, 2024; exact dates to be confirmed).
IMPORTANT: Selected films will have to be completed and ready for upload on March 8, 2024 at the latest.
- This Call for Entries will be submitted through Dialogue Events.
- If you do not have a Dialogue account, please create one here.
- Please consult the User Guide to submit your application
Applications must be received by February 16, 2024.
Not Short on Talent is a 100-110 minute curated program. Eligibility criteria will be applied. Priority will be given to film teams that have not previously been selected as part of a Not Short on Talent cohort.
Decisions will be communicated via email by mid-March.
If selected, you will have to deliver a file of your film according to the specifications provided by Telefilm Canada and the Short Film Corner. An image and an excerpt of your film will also be required for promotional use.
Telefilm Canada will cover the cost of the inclusion of your film in the market Video library reserved to professionals, as well as the targeted trainings. Selected films will benefit from a promotional campaign developed and funded by Telefilm Canada to ensure exposure for the selected Canadian films.
Our showcase aims to increase the visibility of new Canadian short films and to promote talent to registered industry delegates from international markets, including buyers and curators of festivals.
Not Short on Talent is a Telefilm Canada initiative that presents a selection of new Canadian short films at international markets. The selected films will be screened at the Short Film Corner, a component of the Marché du Film at Cannes which runs parallel to the Cannes Film Festival.
Selected films will benefit from a promotional campaign developed by Telefilm Canada to ensure exposure of the films under the “Canada: Not Short on Talent” label, as well as other benefits.
For more information, please contact Anthea Zeng.
Promotion and Communications
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890