15th Dubai Film Connection Co-Production Market
Call for entries
(Financing Forum: project in development – Feature narratives and documentaries)
The Dubai Film Connection is currently accepting entries for its 2018 edition.
Please note that all applications must be submitted directly to the market.
The Dubai Film Connection supports projects in development with a director and a producer, who have not yet begun production/principal photography and that are still seeking funding.
- Directors must be of Arab nationality or origin.
- Directors must have previous directing experience – short films or features or tv dramas;
- The producer can be of any nationality and must have experience in production (experience in international co-production is preferred but not mandatory);
- The project must be either a feature length film intended for theatrical distribution or a “creative feature length documentary” (creative in this instance shall mean that the documentary expresses the personal vision of the director);
- Projects will be accepted at any stage of development;
- A minimum of 20% of the total production budget should have been already secured.
- Scripts ONLY will be accepted in Arabic, French and English. All other requested written materials must be submitted in English.
The Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) launched a co-production market – the Dubai Film Connection (DFC) – in 2007 as part of its ongoing commitment to filmmakers of Arab nationality or Arab origin by organizing meetings with producers and seminars.
The selected project teams are invited to attend the Dubai Film Connection and their flights and accommodation are covered by the Festival. The DFC team of industry consultants puts together a three day schedule of one-on-one meetings between the selected director/producer teams and key industry.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal