23rd Cinéfondation Selection / Official Selection – Festival de Cannes
Call for entries
The Cinéfondation Selection part of the official Selection of the Festival de Cannes is currently accepting entries for its 2021 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission Format: https://www.cinefondation.com/en/participer/inscription
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: No
Submissions must meet the following prerequisites:
- have been directed by a student within his/her film school curriculum*;
- have been made during the 18 months preceding the Festival;
- have not been presented at major international festivals. However a film can have been shown at a festival in its country of origin;
- not exceed 60 minutes in running time.
* Films made at Junior secondary school or high school level are not accepted for selection in this section of the Festival, only films produced in the context of a Film school or Film studies department of a university are eligible.
Created in 1998 and devoted to the search for new talent, the Cinéfondation selects fifteen to twenty short and medium-length films each year from film schools all over the world.
The Cinéfondation Selection forms part of the Official Selection and the selected films are presented to the Cinéfondation and Shorts Jury which awards a prize to the best three at an official ceremony.
Each year more than 2 000 student films are sent to the Cinéfondation, a testimony of the diversity and dynamism of the young international cinematographic creation. Since 1998 more than 400 films from more than a hundred schools in the world have been selected.
The winners will receive a €15,000 grant for the First Prize, €11,250 for the second and €7,500 for the third as well as € 5,000 for the INA Editing Prize.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890