24th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film
Call for entries
(Feature and short films, TV series – Animation)
The 24th Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film is currently accepting applications for its 2017 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: digital file or DVD
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: No
- Any animated film including computer generated animation and combinations of life action and animation;
- For the feature-length film competition AniMovie, productions must have a running length of 60 minutes up. The films must not have been released commercially in Germany prior to the Festival ;
- For the International Competition (short film), the student film competition Young Animation and the children’s film competition Tricks for Kids, productions must be up to a running length of 35 minutes;
- Short films and TV series for children can be submitted to Tricks for Kids (not more than two episodes for each series);
- Films must have been completed in after October 1, 2015.
- Submitted films must be in English or subtitled in English.
Founded in 1982, the ITFS is one of the biggest and most important international festivals for animated film in Germany and worldwide. In 2016, around 80,000 visitors and approximately 2,500 accredited professionals attended.
The various competition categories award cash prizes totalling more than 50,000 euros. Together, the ITFS, the Animation Production Day, and the first-class industry conference FMX have developed into an important platform for the financing and development of animated projects.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal