75th Edinburgh International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Short films, all genres)
The Edinburgh International Film Festival is currently accepting short films for its 2022 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival via FilmFreeway.
- Competitive: No
- Entry fees: Yes
- All submitted films should be no more than 12 months old by August 2022.;
- EIFF regards a short film as 45 minutes or less.
- Films containing non-English dialogue require on-screen English subtitles.
- All films must be Scottish premieres. Special interest is given to World, International or European premieres;
- Short films that have been broadcast or otherwise made publicly available (including online) in the UK will not be considered.
- Films that are available to purchase are not eligible. This includes DVD/Blu-ray/online digital downloads formats.
In 2022, Edinburgh International Film Festival returns to its place at the heart of the Edinburgh festivals summer season.
The Edinburgh International Film Festival (EIFF) has been in existence since 1947 and alongside London, is the most important film festival in the UK. Every year EIFF welcomes up to 400 media representatives and over 1300 filmmakers and industry professionals from around the world.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a feature film in the Edinburgh International Film Festival and may provide assistance through the International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890