International marketing and festival participation program
This program supports Canadian production companies looking to finance the promotion and international marketing of their productions officially selected at an international festival, as well as producers invited to an international coproduction forum.
Who can apply
Canadian companies specializing in the production, distribution, and sales of Canadian films or coproductions officially selected at an international festival supported by the program, as well as Canadian production companies formally invited to take part in an eligible coproduction forum.
Overview of the program
Participation in major festivals abroad creates significant visibility for Canadian films by giving them access to sources of investment and additional distribution and marketing initiatives.
This program complements the pool of our international services and initiatives that are aimed at improving the market preparedness of producers and distributors.
The Festivals and Markets section details all our available services and promotional initiatives.
Overview of eligibility requirements
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be a Canadian-owned and controlled company and have its head office in Canada
- be specialized in the production, distribution, and sales of feature and short films
- have developed an international marketing plan for their project
- be able to demonstrate the required expertise to successfully complete their international marketing plan
- own the right to exploit and benefit to the production within the territories designated in the international marketing plan
- be a Canadian-controlled company working as a production company and for which one of the producers is invited to present a development project at one of the eligible coproduction markets
All projects must meet the following criteria:
- must be a Canadian coproduction or feature length film, made available in French, English or in an Aboriginal language, intended for theatrical release in Canada, and selected at one of the international film festivals
- be a Canadian short film under 30 minutes of duration, made available in French, English or in an Aboriginal language, and selected for a world or international premiere at one of the festivals
Please consult the guidelines below for specific eligibility requirements.
Program applications must be submitted online.
Completed applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the opening day of the festival
Region(s): Atlantic, Quebec, Ontario, West
Language(s): French, English