ImpACT Lab – Cannes Film Market 2023
Call for Entries
(Workshop – Emerging Producers)
Telefilm Canada, in partnership with the Cannes Film Market, is offering 2 emerging Canadian producers the opportunity to attend the impACT Lab, organized by Cannes Film Market as part of its 2023 edition.
Initiated in 2022, the impACT Lab is a program designed to foster co-productions and guide producers to create and promote meaningful, sustainable and impactful films. impACT is designed to reflect on the film industry’s new reality. Each event will be an opportunity for industry professionals to exchange ideas openly and freely, reflect on the current climate, ask questions, engage in constructive debate and focus on the values aligned with a diverse film industry with content that speaks to all audiences. The program will examine every stage of the filmmaking process to explore how to incorporate diversity, inclusion, representation and sustainability not only on the screen, but behind the camera in all stages of production.
The 2 selected emerging producers will have access to workshops with experts:
- 2 workshops online before Cannes;
- 3 workshops during 2023 Cannes Film Market.
Each workshop lasts 2 hours.
You will also get visibility from Telefilm Canada and the Cannes Film Market as being part of the ImpACT Lab program, along with 1 Producers Network badge per participant.
In order to make sure that the ImpACT Lab is as fruitful as possible for each of the participants, several conditions and guidelines have been set up.
- The ImpACT Lab is a program for emerging producers who have produced three or more short films and not more than one narrative feature in their career.
- You must have a feature-length project (narrative) in development suitable for co-production.
- The applicant must be a Canadian controlled entity within the meaning of the Investment Canada Act.
- You are a Canadian citizen or have a landed permanent resident status.
- You are already planning to participate in the 2023 Cannes Film Market and you agree to cover your travel expenses.
The choice of 2 participants is conducted by Telefilm Canada and the selected candidates will be informed by late March, early April 2023.
Telefilm Canada will offer financial support to help the selected participants to attend the Market. This amount is a lump sum and the participant agrees to cover all expenses related to his/her presence.
Complete the ImpACT Lab 2023 registration form available below.
You will need to log to your account or create one and then click on the submission tab.
For further information, please contact Clémence Bradley (email@example.com).
For questions regarding the application process, please contact Thais Gomez.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890