The 2nd Canada-Ukraine CoProduction Meetings and Conference invites Ukrainian and Canadian producers to participate
CALL FOR ENTRIES
Canadian audiovisual producers are invited to the 2nd Canada-Ukraine CoProduction Meetings and Conference: a multi-stage virtual project dedicated to the launch of the Canada-Ukraine Co-Production Treaty partnerships.
The 2nd Canada-Ukraine CoProduction Conference aims to double-team producers and distributors of both countries. It involves several stages that will last till the end of November 2021. The Project already kicked-off on September 10 at TIFF 2021, with a panel discussion “Treat it Right: Starting a Canada-Ukraine Co-Production Treaty Project” (the recording is available at https://ucancoproduce.com/).
- September 24 – October 24 – accepting applications from Ukrainian and Canadian producers for the pitching session (producers without a project can also apply to watch the pitching and participate in B2B meetings).
- November 5 – Announcing the short list of projects selected for pitching (other project will also be made available for consideration by the registered participants).
- November 10 – Panel discussion on the opportunities of the Canada-Ukraine Audiovisual Co-Production Treaty and the support programs of both countries. The speakers – government officials and industry representatives – will also focus on the technical details of the Treaty: eligibility, project requirements, recommendations for applicants, and practical aspects such as finding partners for cooperation in both countries.
- November 11 – Online pitching session of the Ukrainian and Canadian projects, that will lead to personal online meetings.
- November 16 – Online individual meetings between the Ukrainian and Canadian content producers. In 2020, during the 1st Canada-Ukraine CoProduction Meetings and Conference held at Berlinale, more than seventy meetings were held between Canadian and Ukrainian producers, this time we are looking to beat that record.
What to do now
Sign-up for the event at #ucancoproduce website!
Producers from Ukraine and Canada can access the program, watch the Canada-Ukraine panel discussion “Treat it Right: Starting a Canada-Ukraine Co-Production Treaty Project” streamed at TIFF 2021, submit their projects for pitching and find partners for further co-production at the project website https://ucancoproduce.com/.
Organizers of the 2nd CoProduction Conference: Ukrainian Motion Picture Association, the Embassy of Canada to Ukraine, Media Resources Management.
The project is implemented with the support of the Ukrainian State Film Agency, the Canadian Media Producers Association, the Department of Canadian Heritage and Telefilm Canada.
For any questions, please contact Daria Lysak, Trade Commissioner, at Daria.Lysak@international.gc.ca.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890