23rd Sheffield Doc Fest
Call for entries
(Feature and short films – Documentary)
The 23rd Sheffield Doc Fest is currently accepting applications for its 2017 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: Vimeo link or file transfer
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Open to short (40 minutes or less), medium length (41-59 minutes) and feature length (over 60 minutes) documentaries;
- Films must have been completed after June 1, 2016;
- Priority given to World, International, European and UK premieres;
- Films previously submitted to Doc/Fest are not eligible;
- Submitted films must be in English or subtitled in English.
Founded in 1994, Sheffield Doc/Fest is a world leading and the UK’s premier documentary festival, celebrating the art and business of documentary and all non-fiction visual storytelling. Sheffield Doc/Fest welcomes over 32,700 Festival goers each year, including over 3,500 industry delegates from over 60 countries.
Introduced in 2016, the MeetMarket stimulates scheduled one-on-one meetings between filmmakers and buyers. The MeetMarket has established Sheffield Doc/Fest as an important international marketplace for documentary.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal