64th DOK Leipzig – International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film
Call for entries
(Documentary, Animation & Interactive Works)
The DOK Leipzig – International Leipzig Festival for Documentary and Animated Film is currently accepting entries for its 2021 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: HD film files only
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Documentaries and Animation films must not have been shown publicly prior to October 1, 2020;
- Duration: Documentaries and animation of any length;
- Competition sections are open to German Premieres (preference given to World, International or European premieres);
- Films that have been publicly screened in Germany before the end of DOK Leipzig (f.e. TV broadcasts, cinema release and/or public streaming/download options etc.) are not eligible;
- Films selected must be subtitled in English.
DOK Leipzig is an annual festival for documentary and animated films. Alongside its competition sections, the festival presents a number of sidebars. It is a well-attended festival with a programme selection at a crossroad between East and West. It is increasingly being portrayed as a first-rate address for the genre on the circuit.
Under the title DOK Industry, the festival has established itself as an industry meeting place with platforms for professionals to sell films. It provides networking opportunities for filmmakers, producers and international industry professionals as well as financing and coproduction opportunities for new film ideas.
In addition, all winners of the International Competition for Short Documentary and Animation Films will qualify for consideration for the annual Academy Awards® provided that the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
Telefilm Canada recognizes a FEATURE FILM selection in this festival and may provide assistance through the International Festival Participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal