65th San Francisco International Film Festival
Call for Entries
Feature, mid-length, and short films, all genres
The San Francisco International Film Festival is currently accepting applications for its upcoming edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the Festival.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Entries must have been completed on or after January 1, 2021.
- Feature films must be over 60 minutes, mid-length are 31-50 minutes, shorts and youth works must be under 30 minutes.
- All genres are accepted (narrative, documentaries, animation)
- As of 2020, a California premiere is required for feature films (only)
Founded in 1957, the San Francisco International Film Festival, the longest-running film festival in the Americas, aims to be an intimate festival in spite of its size and scope. SFFILM is planning its April festival in 2022 with both in-person and online events.
Feature film awards include:
- New Directors — $5,000 USD
- McBaine Documentary Feature — $5,000 USD
- McBaine Bay Area Feature — $3,000 USD
- Critics Jury — $3,000 USD
SFFILM Festival is an Academy Award®–qualifying festival for all three short film categories (under 40 minutes): documentary, live action and animated
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a feature film in this festival and may provide support through the International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890