70th Melbourne International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Feature and Short films (all genres), episodic, XR)
The Melbourne International Film Festival is currently accepting applications for its 2022 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission Format: MIFF accepts online screeners only
- Competitive: Yes (Short films only)
- Entry Fees: Yes
- Films must have been completed after 1 January 2021.
- Films must not be broadcasted on television, available commercially online, or publicly screened, distributed or exhibited in a physical location within the state of Victoria, Australia, prior to 22 August 2022.
- Films must be in their original language; if the original language is not English, subtitles in English must be provided.
- Short films must be 40 minutes or less (including credits) and feature films must be 40 minutes or more (including credits).
Established in 1952, the Melbourne International Film Festival (MIFF) is one of the oldest film festivals in the world. The festival offers several sections dedicated to international films: Next Gen (for younger viewers), International Panorama, Documentaries, Night Shift (genre films), Backbeat (music films), Culinary, etc. MIFF has the People’s Choice Awards for most popular narrative feature and documentary.
MIFF Shorts Awards: films in this category are competing for a several cash prizes and the winners of the Best Short, Best Australian and Best Documentary awards become eligible to submit their film for the Academy Awards® in 2023
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection in the Melbourne International Film Festival as part of its International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890