75th Locarno Film Festival | Short Films
Call for entries
(Short films, all genres)
The Locarno Film Festival is currently accepting short films for its 2022 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
*The call for entries for the Canadian preselection screenings (Feature films) will be posted at a later date.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- The selected films must have been completed within the 12 (twelve) months preceding the Festival screening, therefore, the festival will only consider films completed after August 31, 2021;
- Films selected must not have been previously released outside their country of origin prior to the official presentation at the Locarno Film Festival. World premieres are favoured;
- Short films must be less than 40 minutes and medium-length films must be under 59 minutes;
- Films available on the Internet, broadcast on television or commercially released on VOD, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other format are not eligible;
- All coproductions must be world premieres.
The Locarno Film Festival aims to promote arthouse cinema of artistic merit; to provide a showcase for major new films of the year from around the world; to take stock, in its competitive sections, of the new perspectives of filmmaking expression, concentrating especially on such new film directors and industries as command international attention.
The Pardi di domani section presents as a world or international premiere short and medium-length films not more than 59 minutes in length. All genres are eligible. This section includes two competitions open for filmmakers who have not yet made feature-length films: one reserved for Swiss productions and co-productions (Concorso nazionale), while the other is open to works from the rest of the world (Concorso internazionale). A third competitive program (Corti d’autore) presents works by well-established filmmaker exploring new narrative forms and innovative film language.
Telefilm Canada recognizes a selection in the Festival for applications to its International Festival participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890