IDFA Forum 2021
Call for entries
(Documentary projects, One-offs, Series and Immersive/Interactive)
IDFA Forum is currently accepting applications for its 2021 edition. IDFA Forum 2021 will be a live event on-site. To accommodate Forum guests who are unable to travel, the Forum also offers the possibility of online participation.
Please note that projects and must be submitted directly to the forum.
Entry fees: €25 per entry
- Creative documentaries intended for theatrical distribution, TV broadcasting, and/or other platforms are eligible;
- Projects can be in all stages of production, except post-production/rough cut stage;
- Please note that short films are not eligible;
- There are no restrictions regarding the amount of financing already in place;
- In cases where a fund, TV station, or platform is already on board, their presence at the pitch is highly desirable. Commitment from financial partners is not required to apply or be selected.
Rough Cut Presentations
- Creative documentaries intended for theatrical distribution, TV broadcasting, and/or other platforms;
- A minimum of 75% of your material must be shot and the project must be in post-production/rough cut stage;
- Projects that previously pitched at IDFA Forum are encouraged to submit;
- Projects must be looking for festivals, distributors/sales agents, and/or TV buyers. Preference is given to projects without a world sales agent.
Please refer to the IDFA Forum website to learn more about the general and specific entry regulations, practical information, key dates, and selection fees for all categories.
IDFA Forum is one of the most influential meeting places for filmmakers, creators, and producers working on groundbreaking creative documentaries and new media projects.
The first of its kind, the Forum gathers some of the strongest documentary projects currently being developed and produced globally and presents them in a five-day program of public presentations and one-on-one meetings. As a premium market to find partners and expand your international network, decision-makers, producers, and other documentary, stakeholders will discover a wide variety of outstanding documentary projects that includes theatrical releases, series, and interactive new media projects from around the world.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890