International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg
CALL FOR ENTRIES
(Narrative feature films)
The International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg is currently accepting entries for its 2021 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2021
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Feature-length fiction films (may include documentary elements, use essayistic style or animation).
- Running time of +61 minutes.
- Only open to 1st to 3rd features
- Films must not have screened in Germany and priority is given to International or European premieres.
- Films completed no more than 18 months before the Festival. Under particular circumstances, this rule can be waived by the Festival Management.
- Non-English language films must be subtitled in English or German.
One of the most important festivals in Germany, the International Filmfestival Mannheim-Heidelberg presents about 50 narrative films, from directors who are newcomers – unknown outside their own country. The festival’s International Juries bestow several awards.
Running concurrently with the festival is the Mannheim Meeting Place, considered a leading international co-financing event. More than 300 producers, directors, sales agents, and distributors from around the globe attend project-based and pre-arranged meetings, hoping to find business and co-producing partners.
Refer to the festival’s website for detailed information and submission deadlines.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection to this festival and provides assistance through the International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890