The 43rd Cannes Film Festival – Residence 2022
Call for entries
Projects in development: Feature-length films
The Residence of the Cannes Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2022 fall session program.
** Please note that applications must be submitted to Cinéfondation directly**
The project must
- Be in development and in French or in English.
The candidate must
- Be under 40 years of age.
- Have directed one or several short films, or a first feature film.
- Be working on a first (or second) feature film project (fiction only, no animation).
Since its creation in 2000, the Résidence has welcomed more than 200 filmmakers from more than 60 different countries. Nearly 60% of the filmmakers emerging from the great halls of this “Villa Médicis” of cinema have finished their films.
The Residence offers its laureates the opportunity of devoting themselves to the writing of their feature film in a privileged setting in the heart of Paris. Over the four and a half months of their stay at the Residence, every filmmaker is accompanied in the development of his or her script and advised in the transition to production. The programme also includes a series of collective forums with industry professionals.
The residents also benefit from:
- 800-euro grant per month.
- Free access to a large number Paris cinemas.
- French lessons (optional).
- The possibility of attending festivals during their stay.
In recent years, a few Canadians have had the opportunity to participate in this program including Caroline Monnet (33rd session), and Rodrigo Barriuso (40th session).
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890