27th Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival (PÖFF)
CALL FOR ENTRIES
(Features films and dcoumentaries, TV drama series)
The Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its upcoming edition.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival via FilmFreeWay.
- Please consult the festival website.
Black Nights Film Festival (aka PÖFF – Pimedate Ööde Filmifestival) takes place annually in Tallinn, Estonia.
Black Nights Film Festival holds five competitive sections, as well as non-competitive sections, with more than 200 documentaries and features. The non-competitive sections includes DOC@PÖFF for documentaries and Midnight Shiver for genre features. TVBEATS is a non-competitive section for drama series, aimed at highlighting the increasingly blurry line between the small and the big screen.
The competitive sections are:
- The Official Selection is a non-specialised international competition presenting feature length films (60 minutes or more).
- The First Feature Competition is an international competition dedicated to debut films.
- Rebels with a Cause Competition showcases the untraditional means of expression of filmmaking, as well as innovative narrative or dramaturgy, symbiosis with other forms of art and new takes on technical solutions or in esthetics. This competition incorporates a feature and a short film section.
In 2022, two Canadian features were programmed at the festival, the dark comedy BUNGALOW in the Official Competition, and UNTIL BRANCHES BEND in the First Feature Competition.
Telefilm Canada recognizes selection to this festival for applications to its International Promotion Program.
Promotion and Communications
Telefilm Canada, Montréal
1 800 567-0890