74th Locarno Film Festival | Short Films
Call for entries
(Short films, all genres)
The Locarno Film Festival is currently accepting short films for its 2021 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
*The call for entries for the Canadian preselection screenings (Feature films) will be posted at a later date.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Exceptionally for the 74th edition the Locarno Film Festival will be considering all works completed after January 1, 2020.
- The duration cannot exceed 59 minutes
- Films selected must not have been previously released outside of their country of origin prior to the official presentation at the Locarno Film Festival. World premieres are favoured.
- Films available on the Internet, broadcast on television or commercially released on VOD, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other format are not eligible.
- All coproductions must be world premieres.
- Exceptionally, for the 74th edition of the Locarno Film Festival, short and medium films that have withdrawn their submission for the 73rd edition may be submitted again.
The Locarno Film Festival aims to promote arthouse cinema of artistic merit; to provide a showcase for major new films of the year from around the world; to take stock, in its competitive sections, of the new perspectives of filmmaking expression, concentrating especially on such new film directors and industries as command international attention.
The Pardi di domani section presents as a world or international premiere short and medium-length films not more than 59 minutes in length. All genres are eligible. This section includes two competitions open for filmmakers who have not yet made feature-length films: one reserved for Swiss productions and co-productions (Concorso nazionale), while the other is open to works from the rest of the world (Concorso internazionale). A third competitive program (Corti d’autore) presents works by well-established filmmaker exploring new narrative forms and innovative film language.
Telefilm Canada recognizes a selection in the Festival for application to its International Festival participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890