25th Brussels Short Film Festival 2022
Call for entries
Short films, all genres
The Brussels Short Film Festival is currently accepting applications for its 2022 edition.
Please note that films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Competitive: Yes
- Entry fees: Yes
- Shorts have to be produced (or the 1st public exhibition) after January 1st, 2020.
- Shorts must be no more than exactly 30 minutes in length, credits included.
- All non-English-language shorts must have English subtitles.
- If selected, shorts must be available for projection in DCP.
- Student Films must be submitted in the category Next Generation.
Since 2018, the Brussels Short Film Festival is an Oscar® Qualifying Film Festival.
The winners of the Great Prize of the International and the National Competitions will be eligible for consideration in the Animated Short Film/ Live Action Short Film category of the Academy Awards® without the standard theatrical run, provided the film otherwise complies with the Academy rules.
Last year, the International Competition hosts 98 films out of nearly 6800 films received (in 2020 + 2021)! 5 Canadian films were selected, including Red Wine (Santiago Menghini), Like the Ones I Used to Know (Annie St-Pierre), Comme une comète | Shooting Star (Ariane Louis-Seize), Cayenne (Simon Gionet) and A Simple F*cking Gesture (Jesse Shamata).
Telefilm Canada recognizes a selection in the Festival for application to its International Promotion Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montreal
1 800 567-0890