29th Hamptons International Film Festival
Call for entries
(Narrative Features, Documentaries and Shorts)
The Hamptons International Film Festival is currently accepting entries for its 2021 edition.
Please note that all films must be submitted directly to the festival.
- Submission format: Online
- Competitive: Yes
- Submission fees: Yes
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2020;
- HIFF will not consider previously submitted films;
- Films may not have been released theatrically or shown on television in the US and preferably not available online prior to the festival;
- Preferably, films may not have screened on the East End of Long Island prior to HIFF dates;
- HIFF presents all films in their original language. Non-English language films must have English subtitles;
- If you are submitting a work-in-progress, the screener must be clearly marked as a work-in-progress or rough cut.
The Hamptons International Film Festival was created to provide a forum for filmmakers around the world who express independent vision. The festival highlights narrative features, documentaries and shorts and offers diverse programming with breakthrough films by new directors, premieres by established filmmakers, panel discussions and special events.
The Festival hosts multiple competitions focused specifically on early-career filmmakers, in the hopes of bolstering their work at an important juncture and helping develop a discussion around their films, both within the film community and beyond. With prizes of cash & in kind goods and services prizes valued at more than $130,000, HIFF continues to support the artists that create some of the best films each year.
The winners of the Documentary Short Competition and Narrative Short Competition at the Hamptons – one of some 60 festivals around the world recognized by the Academy Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in Beverly Hills – are eligible to be considered by the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences for the Academy Awards® Best Short Film category.
Telefilm Canada recognizes the selection of a feature film in the Festival for applications to its International Festival participation Program.
Telefilm Canada, Montréal
1 800 567-0890